And so we trooped to Annaz's @ Woodlands last Saturday for our Monthly Cousins Gathering. There were 20 of us there! The gathering is getting bigger. We would like to welcome Faizal & Widdi to their first ever gathering! As usual, it was potluck. Our kind hosts provided the drinks (hot & cold!) and ice-cream floats. We brought along 2 pieces of pound cakes with some chips. Rina brought indo-mi goreng (the 'base' food) and pieces of chicken that was sinfully nice! Glynn brought along home-made quiche (it was delicious Glen!). There were also doughnuts and jelly. All in all, the food was much less than what was brought for the previous gathering. I guess we learnt our lesson not to bring too much food. Suffice to say, we finished them in good time. We made time to catch up and talked about what has been happening in our lives. That is the main objective of these gatherings. To get away from our kids, to chill and just to chat. While we finished our dinner and caught up with each other, I started off with our 'favourite' 'Stories' 'game'...Those not familiar were initiated to the inner-workings of the game. Essentially, each person is to come up with a sentence to continue on the sentence from the previous person. Hence, one has no idea of the bigger story but only that of the previous person. It's great fun when everybody has written their part and for the story to be read out. Nine out of ten times the story will be hilarious. Maybe I'll publish our collective 'masterpiece' here one day!
Boboy had brought along a video clip of the guys from the 'Upside Down Show'...Those guys are tireless! I got tired just from watching them! Although I can't say much of the show I did enjoy the last part just before the credits.
Then came the Game part...It always fell on me to start the games...I don't mind and in fact relish in it but it's an art to judge when the rest are ready to start playing! Usually by the time we start the games, it will be something like 2300hrs! But we started at about 2100hrs that day. We started off with Taboo...Hohum...as usual, the gender that talks the most won...again...No guessing who huh?!?! Next, I pulled a fast one on the gang by introducing a new game called Um or Uh! It's basically a game of 'public speaking' and since anecdotal evidence points to people dying rather than give a presentation, I didn't really tell anyone about the game beforehand! It was hilarious as we pick out the topics for the other team (it was guys vs gals as usual) to talk about. It was great fun seeing the gang fumble and try to 'bluff' their way through the topic at hand. 30 seconds never felt so long huh guys!?!? As it happened, my future sister-in-law picked a topic on "Sex"!!! Her parting words were "Come November, I wish to have great sex!"...Oh boy! Oh Boy indeed...Pun intended! As it turned out, the gang gamely played the game and I think everyone did well! Kudos guys! Should have more of that huh?
I wanted to play Pictionary Mania next but one thing lead to another and we ended up watching some crap show by some WWE star who went around hooking up people with a chain and hook...literally! How we ended up watching that show I don't know but it was a classic case of the 'Abilene Paradox', a concept I was introduced to in the course of my work. We played traditional Scrabble while some watched the show though...It's been a long time since I played Scrabble and it brought back memories of the times when I used to play it non-stop from 2000hrs till 0400hrs for a few weeks when I was posted to Temburong, Brunei waaaaaaay back in 1994! After winning the first game, it looks like I have not lost the 'touch'! Must play more!
Next, we watched "Music & Lyrics" while some played Carrom...By this time (it was about 2359hrs methinks), some of us had already turned to 'zombies'! It was about 0300hrs when we finally bade goodnight (good morning?!?) to our kind hosts and made our collective journey back home...We gave a ride to Muz, Faurin to Carl and Tit to Nurul...
As always, it was great fun...good food, good company...always looking forward to the next one! We're having a Simpsons Movie night sometime next week...All are supposed to wear either yellow or some Simpsons t-shirt! That should be fun! Oh ya, enjoy the first ever (at long last!) photo taken of EVERYONE who was there that night...


No comments:
Post a Comment