Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Selamat tinggal Ramadhan, Selamat datang Syawal...

Ramadhan came and went in the blink of an eye...It's time to conduct a reflection on one's own performance during the entire month. Personally, I think I did better than last year. One always hopes and strives to better oneself. I prayed more (during the last 10 days of Ramadhan, I missed terawih at the mosque only once and that was because of my Exploring Psych lecture at UniSIM. Of course I made up for it at home), I conducted myself better, I read more, I was more at ease with myself, I did not use fasting as an excuse not to do the normal things I do like exercising. Overall, I think I had pushed myself to do more. I was more disciplined. I controlled myself better. It is true, the best person to compete is against oneself. My wish is to meet the next Ramadhan and do even better than this year. Insya Allah...

Syawal is already here. I will strive to carry over the good practises of Ramadhan...I want to puasa enam. (If one fasts the whole of Ramadhan and then plus the 6 days in Syawal, it's like fasting for the ENTIRE year. How do we arrive at that magical figure of 1 year? Every ibadat that we do is multiplied by 10 so 1 whole month of Ramadhan is like 10 months and 6 days of puasa enam in Syawal is like 60 days which is equivalent to 2 months...hence 1 year...) I will strive to control my food intake and not gobble every food served! You will see me hitting the gym on Thursday morning before the 3rd day of visiting...It's very simple actually, if your intake (food) is more than your output (exercise), the excess food gets stored as FAT...If you know how hard it is to burn 300 calories (about 20 minutes of lung bursting running at 12km/h), you will think twice about gulping down that juicy, delicious lemak ayam...

Last but not least, Minal Aidin Wal Fa Idzin, Ma'af Zahir Batin kepada semua peminat-peminat ku...(last time I checked, I could count them using the fingers of my left hand...)

Have a good Raya and watch what you eat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

woit gambar raya mana?

Anonymous said...

thank you very nice for the pics!!