Friday, August 11, 2006

The dreaded BSOD!

Yep...once again, I have been confronted by the dreaded BSOD...that's the Blue Screen Of Death for those fortunate enough not to know... My laptop just kept going back to the BSOD no matter what I do...and the crap thing is that I have turned off the System Restore option to resolve a virus matter (which I didn't) and forgot to turn it back on...now I can't go to Normal mode...stuck in Safe mode...the irony of it all...you hope not to be in the Safe mode cause that means there's a hardware or a software cock-up...So Safe doesn't mean you're safe...and, get this, I can't turn on the System Restore option when I'm in Safe mode! Can only do it in Normal mode!!! Now, that's what I call a classic Catch-22 situation...up the creek without a paddle...just when I need the laptop for my tutorials, just when I need the laptop to do my planning, just when I need the laptop to sync my Lifedrive...Murphy comes knocking! So what I'm doing now is to transfer ALL my data to my desktop (thank God I can still turn on the wireless network option), and then I will reformat my hardisk...this will get rid of both the stupid virus and the BSOD...but the leceh thing is re-installing ALL the required software...so bloody leceh...it's gonna be a looooooooooooong night....wish me luck...

1 comment:

Julie said...

good luck!