Friday, April 11, 2008

Lunch in Heng Chun

I'm now at 32 Simply Cafe somewhere in Heng Chun Town having lunch...alone! This is the third time that I've been to this place for lunch since it's the only one that I discovered selling fries and bread! The owner recognised me and the last time I was here, he pointed to his router when he saw me taking out my LifeDrive with the keyboard! So that's how I'm 'filing' this entry now! Just finished a thick slice of garlic toast. The thickness is twice that of a normal bread! Now munching toasted cheese sandwich while drinking chocolate milkshake. Awaiting my fries! Had a busy morning of recce. Going back camp after this. Since the mainbody arrived, I've been waking up everyday at 0515hrs for morning PT! 0515hrs! Macam waktu training as an officer cadet pulak! By about 0530hrs, the sky is already getting bright. (Ah...my fries just came...) Waking up so early is no problem after a while. It's all about getting used to it. Of course, one has got to be sleeping by about 2200hrs to get the requisite 7 hours of sleep! Ah...the toasted cheese sandwich is very delicious! They've even put in some corn to make it sweet. The fries came with tomato sauce. They don't do chilli sauce here in Taiwan! When asked for chilli, they will give chilli flakes! Note to self: Stock up on McDonald's chilli sauce before coming here again! Back to waking up at 0515hrs. We will start off with some light warm-up followed by a run. Running here in the morning is wonderful. The air is fresh and crispy. We are, after all, near the sea. We ran 4km the day before and up the slopes yesterday. We will end off by doing some static exercises conducted by our resident UFO (!) or Unit Fitness Officer. We do the usual ones like push-ups, sit-ups, alternate sit-ups and leg raises, some with strange-sounding names like 'Chase the Rabbit' and 'Good Morning Darling' (which involves lying down on one's back, raising the legs about 6 inches off the ground and closing and spreading them repeatedly!!!).

No comments: