Saturday, March 08, 2008

Why oh why did you have to do it?!?!

(Please read the previous entry for a fuller appreciation of what had happened...)

Today was the first time we hung the 'Please make up my bed' sign outside our room before we started work. I mean I saw the sign hanging on the inner handle of our door all this while but never thought that it would mean anything! I mean, this IS an army camp right? But when I went over to my friend's room next door, I saw his very nicely made up bed (he couldn't have done it himself!?! it was too straight and too neat to be his handiwork!)...Upon enquiring, I found out that he just hung the sign outside his door and voila! his room was made up and cleaned! Wow! Just like a hotel!!

Anyway, I did exactly just that and went to the Ops Room for some briefing which lasted all the way till lunch. After lunch, I walked back to my room to solat and opened the door to a clean room! The carpet was cleaned, there was fresh bedsheet expertly pulled as well as a change of pillow-case. Our muddied doormat was also changed and the small trash bin was emptied. But as I surveyed our recently cleaned room, I had a feeling of dread and took a few quick steps to open the back door that leads to the balconey and the aircon compressor...And to my horror and shock, the balconey was thoroughly and totally cleaned...remember what was behind the aircon compressor!?! Yes...along with that too!!! There was not a single sign of the pigeons, nest and eggs!!! Oh...way oh way did the cleaner had to do it?!? I was so so sad...I called Chewbacca immediately to break the news to him... He felt sad too... Kesian kan? Kalau I gembang, gerenti kat tepi River Kwai jugak meleleh air-mata! Kita ada lah tunggu-tunggu teramat excited for the eggs to hatch... Yea-lah...orang bandar, jakun sikit! But seriously, I thought the Thais were supposed to be kinder to animals right? Sedih sey... Tak ada lah countdown to the eggs hatching...Kita ada lah plan nak ambil gambar everyday to report the progress especially to my girls... Even more so when the eggs hatch... Hai... apakan daya... sekali dia kemas, semua licin lecap! Jangan-jangan telur-telur itu dia lantak tak? But upon further reflection, and when I tried to put myself in the cleaner's shoes (not literally of course lah!), I think I can understand why she did what she did... Kita orang kota kan jakun (maybe aku je!), jarang nampak sarang burung ada telur. But to the locals, this must be quite common. Furthermore, in certain places, pigeons are considered pests i.e. just like rats! So just like rats, if we find their nests, we will clear it... So upon hindsight, the cleaner may have saved us from suffering some diseases that the pigeons might be harbouring...But still...

No comments: