Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I've been penning poems for the longest time whenever I am in the mood. Here's my latest. Penned during my latest evaluation...somewhere in the Western part of Singapore. Maybe one day I'll compile an "Anthology of Poems by a Soldier!"...enjoy...

TIMES LIKE THESE
Times like these, I feel pensive
Times like these, I feel retrospective
The beautiful full moon high up in the clear sky stirs emotions
A strong cool breeze blows away the remains of a hot & dusty day
We do the things we do
So our children will continue to live in peace
We suffer the way we do
So our loved ones have a place called home
We ask not for glory nor medals nor adulation
We ask not for money nor riches nor recognition
All we ask is that in your prayers you give a thought
To the men & women who are willing to sacrifice their lives
For the way of life that we live
For we were soldiers once, and proud of it

THE MEN OF THE HORSESHOE
Sitting atop an Ultra on a place called Sharon
A desolate piece of ground that is almost barren
I can hear the cracking sounds of gunfire
And the urgent sounds of engines coming to life
Adrenaline pumping, voices straining
The men of the Horseshoe stand fast
Reports of contacts, quick orders given
The men of the Horseshoe is ready for a fight
Calling for fire on a fast advancing foe
The commanders of the Horseshoe lead their men into the storm

BULAN TERANG
Bulan mengambang begitu terang
Di tempat yang bernama Lim Chu Kang
Tempat berabuk asapnya tebal
Di sebabkan oleh kereta kebal!

No comments: