Ok dah…dah lama tak blog ni… Tadi terbaca blog adik ipar aku (aku ada dua adik-ipar, tekalah sape yang blog!) dia kata boring dah pergi blog yang tak updated. So I oso dowan to be like the rest of you who has a blog but don’t update them!
Most people who has not blogged for a while will say things like “a lot has been happening in my life that I have no time to blog” or “hmmm, it’s been a while since I’ve blogged…where to start?” but I’ll try to resist that.
It’s about 0135hrs early Sunday morning…the SD is sleeping at my feet while my BH is to my right. The FD is sleeping soundly in her room. This is the second time the SD has walked to my room after I had sent her back to her room. I’ll carry her again to her room after this…She doesn’t sleep as soundly as her sister…so this walking to my room and me carrying her back to her room goes on every night…I can’t remember the last time I had 7 hours UNINTERRUPTED sleep! So those of you who have younger kids with irregular sleeping habits, good luck if you don’t train them NOW! Anyway, my years of ‘training’ allowed me to sufficiently survive on a minimum of 4 to 5 hours of sleep.
I’ve just gone through with the BH a detailed schedule of our girls’ daily timetable from the time they wake-up till the time they go to bed. From what time they eat breakfast, their rest time, playtime and study time. They will sleep a minimum of 10 hours everyday. The latest bedtime is at 2100hrs EVERYDAY including Saturdays and Sundays. We feel that it is important to have a structure and routine built into their lives. Time management is something one is never too young to learn. Of course we are flexible and will see how they are coping with their schedule. But hey, those who fail to plan, plan to fail right?!?
We crossed a major milestone in our lives as parents. The FD crossed into the realm of primary school 3 days ago. Awww…my little girl…so big already…sometimes I can’t believe that this tall, gangly girl used to be someone I can carry easily in my arms as I cuddle her to sleep…sob…sob… So parents, treasure your kids at EVERY stage of their lives… there’s no going back… that’s part of the reason why I am a stickler (and my BH too) at trying to ‘document’ every significant and not so significant moments my girls have gone through be it in pictures or moving images. I must have taken thousands of photos and many hours of footage of my girls since the day they were born.
When I finally go back to work on Monday, I would have been away from it for 25 days!!! That will be like the longest time I’ve been away from work since I joined the military many, many, many moons ago! “Wah so long ah? So rileks ah?”, some would say. Ah, but one must know the kind of training we have been through the whole year! Many overseas training away from loved ones, many local night training again away from loved ones with little sleep and rest. So, yes, I think we deserved our long break…
It has been a good 3 weeks spent with my loved ones. We believe we have created many happy memories for our girls in those three weeks. And we certainly had lots and lots of fun! Taking care of 5 kids for a few days was fun! A’Famosa, with some 25 of us all there, was fun! Korea was cold…and FUN! Guitar Hero was tiring for the fingers, but FUN! St John’s Island was FUN in the SUN! Spending time with the BH while the girls were taken care of by our parents was FUN! Going for our spa session was fun! Going cycling with the girls was fun! Swimming whenever we could at our pool was fun! Eating our sushis, pizzas, ice-cream, satays, kimchis, etc was FUN! Going ‘prawning’ with the girls was FUN! Playing with my one and only niece and nephew was FUN! Getting shot at and shooting at others during paintball was FUN! Water World with its awesome slides was FUN! Go-karting with the girls and getting oh-so-muddy and dirty was FUN! Playing the wii as a family was FUN! Regaling my girls with tales from the Faraway Tree was FUN! Having a blast at Mind Café was FUN! Most of all, just spending time with the family was the most FUN of all…just being there with them…The simplest pleasures are always the best…

No comments:
Post a Comment