Saturday, January 19, 2008

It's been a while...

To my handful of fans out there (last count was still only on my left hand...not even both hands!), I'll TRY to update my blog more often.

It's 0112hrs on Saturday morning...as usual, the girls are at mum's. We just got back from watching 'Cloverfield'...The wifey didn't really enjoy it...Firstly because we sat in the FIRST row!! That's because I booked through the phone and no...you can't choose your seats when booking thru the phone. You're left to the mercy of the efficient computer system! Second, and this is a distinctive feature of the movie, it is shot à la 'Blair Witch Project'... The whole movie is shot using a handheld video camera with all its jerkiness and fast pans. So if you are someone who pukes after playing games like 'Counterstrike' and 'Battlefield', you will definitely NOT enjoy the movie! Me, I think it was refreshing though it wasn't as 'scary' as 'Blair Witch Project' in the sense that it didn't play with your mind the way BWP did. There were times when the camera was too 'stable' to be 'realistic' especially after being chased and mauled and ...well, I won't let the cat out of the bag! Oh...we were supposed to go for a spa at 1830hrs but I had a meeting which ended at 1915hrs so...

Just had a meet-up with my primary school friends a couple of days ago. We haven't seen each other for 20 years! FaceBook helped us find each other! Go discover what you've been missing if you're not on FaceBook...you might just find that old friend you've been looking for all these years... Through FaceBook, I stumbled upon this site, My Happy Planet. It's a site with a surprisingly simple concept. It links up people who wants to learn or improve on their language. Go check it out. It's a fun site! As usual, I'm a great fan of Malsingmaps and will check it out every now and then. I've restarted my mapping activities after a year's hiatus. Thanx to bro waypoint and his maps. Of course, MSM has forums other than just mapping and I came across the Mountain Biking group there! Maybe I'll join them for trailing one day! Still waiting to go trailing with Glenn (when he can tear himself away from Baby Noah) and Andy Sam! Check out this site...it's by one of the bikers there!

It's 135 days to the inaugural Sundown Marathon to be held on 31st May 2008! I will be running my first ever full marathon with a group of my friends from work! In addition to our normal Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays morning runs, we will be putting in more mileage in preparation for the event. Let's hope more friends join in! Especially Fauzi and Glen! Check my Fit for LIFE blog for updates on our training sessions...

Lastly, I'd like to congratulate my buddy Jefri for being appointed the Chief Dental Officer of the Royal Brunei Armed Forces! 3 crabs on you man!

No comments: