And so the first Malay has blasted into space...To be in his shoes...As the earth 'falls' away, as the stars shine brighter, as the greatness of Allah is seen from afar...to be in his shoes...
A lot has been said about Dr Sheikh Muszaphar. But my topic is about the other person...Faiz...I can just imagine what he was thinking as the Soyuz floats away from the gravitational pull of Mother Earth. I have been in his shoes...Preparing for a mission, going through all the lessons, through all the practicals, through all the 'hardships', through all the medicals with countless needles poking into you, having all your vitals checked, having your teeth x-rayed (just in case you are burned beyond recognition and all they have is your teeth...comforting thought!)...Going through all this knowing that you will NEVER have a chance to up (never mind that the Malaysian PM said that he will be the next person to go up) if all goes according to plan. I wonder if throughout his training he may have had a whisper of a thought and had hoped that the primary candidate could not make it due to whatever reason...I have been there as a 'back-up' or reserve before...ah...such is life...

No comments:
Post a Comment