Saturday, January 13, 2007

What drives you?

I would like to welcome my brother to the wonderful world of driving! Yes, yes...he passed his Class 3 driving test on Tuesday albeit by the skin of his teeth. A pass, is a pass, is a pass...no matter the point, especially for driving tests! My advise is that he should take note of the areas he is weak in and work on them. Don't avoid them, but work on them.

This brings me back to the time when I passed my Class 3. That was waaaaaay back in 1993! (Suddenly, I feel old!)...I was then a young lieutenant in command of a platoon of 27 men in the third battalion Singapore Infantry Regiment. Due to time constrains, I endeavoured to complete my Class 3 as fast I possible. I did it all in 3 months - the Basic Theory, the Advanced Theory and the Practical Test itself! And the first thing Abah told me to do after I got back from the Practical test (held in the morning) was to sent Boboy to school! Kewl!!! And that night, I drove all the way back to Bedok Camp on my own! I'll never forget that feeling...

No comments: