Monday, May 15, 2006

Hornbill Haven Happenings...

'Reporting' direct from the steaming jungles of Brunei...somewhere between Banjaran Biang and Bukit Perdayan...yes, yes, yes...I am back in Negara Brunei Darussalam! Seems like I was just here yesterday! Lots and lots of things have happened since then...Under new management, things were certainly for the better. They have opened up Hornbill Haven, the ultra-cool (literally...the aircon certainly helps in this hot and humid environment!) House for the staff here. For us training troops, it's opened to staff sergeants and above...and...and...they have Broadband Internet connection! And it's REALLY broadband!

Coming back here was like coming back to 'kampung'...with the familiar surroundings, familiar people...I spent a year of my young life here back in '94 to '95...God...more than 10 years ago!

We're into the second week of our stay here. There's only 1 exercise left to go and then it's back home and...onto...The Gold Coast!

No comments: