"I never know what I think about something until I read what I've written on it" - William Faulkner (American Writer, 1897-1962)
This quote which I found while reading the foreword of Pointer Vol 30 No.1 (2004) reminds me again of the importance of reflection. Our fast paced modern lives leaves us little precious time to engage in this simple but important act. Whether thinking about how our actions have affected others and how we can improve ourselves after what we had done for the day, reflection helps us to consolidate our thoughts and actions. It helps reflect on our mistakes, our achievements and what we can learn from them. And nothing does this better than writing it down be it in a 'traditional' diary or the ubiquitous blog.
I therefore tell myself to set aside time everyday to engage in a bit of self-reflection...
Who knows, others may actually learn something from them...
Friday, February 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment