Monday, November 28, 2005

One can never get enough of this...

The Data Lifeguard Tools software is doing fine now...chugging along for the past half-an-hour. Bought myself a Western Digital 250GB hard disk during the recently concluded SITEX 2005. Realised too late that I bought the serial version instead of the parallel. Duh...

That was last Friday. Had to go back to other end of the island in Changi to exchange for a parallel version. And guess what? Parking was a nightmare...had to tawaf the whole place a couple of times...thought of parking along the many roads around the industrial area but changed my mind when I saw the fluttering summons tickets in the breeze adorning many of the parked vehicles' windscreens! Poor sods... In the end, I parked on the other side of the whole place. Near some landed property. Had to fast march for about 6 minutes to get to Hall 5 but it was worth not having to fork out money to pay for summons!

The kind folks at Pluto Systems agreed to exchange the Maxtor 250GB hard disk for a Western Digital 250GB...they even gave me back $2!

Went to the Palm One booth and toyed with the new TX, the T5 and the Lifedrive...greatest take-away - that the Lifedrive stylus is compatible with my Tungsten T! Thanx Kelvin...sucker!

Anyway, am using the Western Digital software to partition and format the new hardware and also to copy over files from the old 80GB disk. I officially now have 1/2 terabyte worth of space! But...like the title says, one can never get enough of this...tune in to find out when I will be purchasing the next hard disk...probably a whopping 500GB one!

1 comment:

Julie said...

we're gonna upgrade our hard disk to 500Mo soon (dunno if that's the same as GB?.. no idea).. anyway, it's more for better and smoother gameplay than anything else :D