Monday, August 15, 2005

Poked 7 times

I was poked 7 times today! The first one was on my left arm where about 39ml of blood was drawn - red, live-giving blood! Then I went to another room to have my jabs. Minimum number of jabs was three i.e. rabies, Japanese Encephalitis and Hepatitis A. A record on the number of jabs I had gotten in the past was faxed over to the MMI and I found out that my tetanus and typhoid jabs had expired and I was to be given all 5 jabs! First was the typhoid jab on my right arm - quite ok - just a pin prick. Second was the tetanus on my left arm - this was hurt the most! It left my arm quite sore...even now! The third was the Hepatitis A on my right arm again followed by the JE jab on my left arm. Both were quite ok. The rabies jab was given on my right thigh!!! But it was ok... The last jab was to do the Mantoux test for Tuberculosis on my left forearm. A small goosebump appeared after the nurse had injected a small amount of liquid. Then she pasted a water-proofed material over the spot and marked it with a marker. And I was done with the jabs! First one! Then I went to have my dental x-ray - in the unforseen circumstances that we should perish there, at least they will have some means of identifying us through our dental records! How comforting! Next stop was to get my ECG done. The nurse asked my weight and height and I had to go through an eyesight test before that. I had to go topless for the ECG. Funny devices were attached all over my body. The dude had to do the printout 3 times before he had a perfect reading...Then I went to pee in a small container and my urine test was a-ok! Last stop was the the MO and he gave me a clean bill health - subject to the result of the blood test, of course! Then I had to collect the Maloprim before leaving the place! Phew! 2 hours...not too bad...

No comments: